Malwarebytes Windows and Mac
Malwarebytes is one of the software that is very often recommended to prevent and eradicate malware on the Windows operating system. Apart from being lightweight, its ability to detect malware is also good, and can be used as a complement to antivirus.
The free version of Malwarebytes does not have a real-time protection feature that functions to protect the system continuously. That’s why this version is more often shared with other antiviruses. The goal is to eliminate malware that might escape antivirus supervision.
To promote the paid version, every free version of Malwarebytes users is given the opportunity to enjoy real-time protection features and other premium features for 14 days. After the period has expired, all premium features will be stopped. Furthermore, users can still use Malwarebytes but with more limited features.
Malwarebytes Windows and Mac Download
Download Malwarebytes 3.8.3
=> For Windows – 63 MB
=> For Mac – 14,2 MB
Download Malwarebytes 3.7.1
=> For Windows – 60,3 MB
=> For Mac – 14 MB
|Developer: Malwarebytes Corp|
|OS: Windows, Mac|
|Version: 3.7.1, 3.8.3|
Malwarebytes Advantages and Features
- Malwarebytes provides three scanning methods. Threat Scan for thorough scanning, Custom Scan where users can determine what needs to be scanned, and Hyper Scan to scan quickly.
- The scanning process usually requires greater resources so that it greatly affects system performance. To overcome this, Malwarebytes inserts features to reduce scanning priority. This feature makes the scanning process take longer than usual, but on the positive side users can be more comfortable in multitasking.
- The anti-rootkit feature is also included in Malwarebytes, but users must activate it first if they want to use it. This feature is disabled by default because it makes the scanning process take longer. Users are encouraged to use it only if the computer shows symptoms of being attacked by malware but the scanning results do not detect anything suspicious.
- Scan within archives feature. This feature allows Malwarebytes to check files that are packaged in zip, rar and such, but this feature is only effective for compressed files that are not protected by a password.
- Play Mode feature. When users watch videos, play games or run certain software in full screen mode, this feature will automatically turn off all notification messages from Malwarebytes.